We want to extend a great deal of gratitude and congratulations to Jan from our Newport office.
Jan is retiring after 20 amazing years of service as our Administrative Assistant. At the front desk, she was the first person everyone met, and she greeted every patient and their family members with a warm smile.
She will be dearly missed by all of our staff and patients who came to know her over the years. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank Jan for her professionalism, high level of customer service, and of course, for her friendship.
We wish Jan a healthy, happy, fun, and meaningful retirement!
Jan, third from left, in 2012
Pictured, third from left, in 2013
COVID-19 UPDATE – REOPENING MAY 4th – from Opticare Vision Centers
With Governor Beshear’s announcement of “Healthy at Work” phased reopening of the economy starting with healthcare facilities, we will begin seeing patients for routine care on Monday, May 4th. We will be following the Governor’s guidelines to continue safe practices for patients in our office. *NOTE* The guidelines require patients to wear their own mask to their appointment.
We expect the demand for routine appointments to be high, so please call the office to make your appointment as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
Here are some of the accommodations that we are making to keep you and your family safe:
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- We kindly ask for only the person with the appointment to enter the office
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup)
- Decreasing physical touch-points in the office
- No paperwork – Appointments now require pre-registration on our website
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- Disinfection of glasses and sunglasses between patients
- Staff wearing PPE (masks, etc.) for close patient encounters
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing
In addition to these steps, we also have telehealth appointments for those who cannot physically come into the office.
We will continue to do some things that we have always done for the safety of our guests:
- Disinfection of areas in the office after patient encounters
- Disinfection of all equipment used for examination, glasses, or contact lenses
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We are looking forward to serving you again!
Dr. Keith Sellers, Dr. Josiah Young, Dr. Kristin Gunn,
and the Team at Opticare Vision Centers in Northern Kentucky