Opticare Vision Center ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You Should be Taking:
- We are continuing with our ‘Patient-Only’ Policy and ask that visitors not come in to the office at this time. A parent or guardian of a minor is always welcome to come in with their child.
- Patients need to bring their own mask – until further notice we cannot see patients who do not wear a mask during the exam
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses, and eyeglasses repairs (curbside pickup)
- Decreasing physical touch-points in the office
- No paperwork – Appointments now require pre-registration on our website
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
Steps Our Practice is Taking:
- We are going to ask any patients with COVID symptoms or exposure to reschedule.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- We will be wearing masks. We ask our patients to do the same when they are in our office.
- We are directing our patients to fill out any necessary forms on our website prior to their appointment.
- Disinfection of glasses and sunglasses between patients
- Staff wearing PPE (masks, etc.) for close patient encounters
- Disinfection of areas in the office after patient encounters – desks, tables, handles, chairs, etc.
- Disinfection of all equipment used for examination, glasses, or contact lenses between patients
- We are shipping boxes of contact lenses directly to our patients with most orders qualifying for free-shipping.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. ?