If you are a new patient, please fill out the online patient information form:
What to bring with you to a annual eye exam:
What to bring for contact lens wearers:
10 Tips for a Quick & Easy Visit at an Eye Exam Near Me
Being busy is not a good excuse for missing your yearly visit to the eye doctor. With some advance planning, you can make your eye exam go fast and efficient, with no wasted time and with no compromise on the quality of your healthcare.
How to Get In & Out Fast from Your Optometrist
- The Earlier the Better: Reserve your appointment as early in the day as possible. Generally, appointments at the start of each day are on time, so your wait time will be minimal. As the hours pass, many eye doctors’ schedules fill up with emergency appointments, and patients who need a longer time slot than anticipated.
- Know Your Personal Information: The first part of your eye exam will consist of our eye doctor asking you questions about yourself. The more you tell us, the faster we can personalize your eye exam to address your visual needs. It’s helpful for us to know:
- Family eye history – does anyone in your family have (or had) macular degeneration, glaucoma, or cataracts
- Medications that you take regularly, including dosage
- Are you experiencing any vision problems?
- Do you work in front of a computer daily and want to protect your eyes with a pair of computer glasses? If so, measure the distance between your eyes and computer screen before your visit to our eye doctor.
All of these details are significant and help us to treat your eyes for long-lasting vision without complications.
- Fill Out Forms in Advance: Get started with your visit before you enter our eye care center by filling out your Patient Registration Form online. Submit it through our website, or print it out and bring along to your eye exam.
- Bring Your Eyeglasses and/or Contact Lenses: We can verify your vision and prescription from your current eyeglasses and contacts. If we do not have your contact lens prescription on file, we’ll also want to see your prescription or boxes from the pair you wear presently – with the labels that display lens power, brand, and base curve.
Also, be sure to know the type of contact lens disinfectant you use, and type of lubricating eye drops you apply (if applicable). Better yet, bring a bottle along to show us.
- Come with Sunglasses: If our eye doctor performs a dilated eye exam, you’ll need to wear sunglasses you can see your way home. Also, we can check that your sunglasses have adequate UV protection.
- Bring a Spare Pair of Eyeglasses: If you need to leave your glasses with us for repair or to fit new lenses, you’ll require a backup pair to see clearly.
- Remember Your Insurance Card: We will make a copy of your vision insurance card or medical insurance card to keep on record. If we know your policy, we will be able to advise you immediately about which procedures are covered by your policy.
How to Use Your Wait Time Wisely
- Shop for New Glasses: We have an amazing optical collection of eyeglasses and sunglasses, and now is a perfect time to browse for the perfect pair of frames. Check out the latest trends and hot styles in designer glasses! Our optician can set your choice of eyeglasses aside for after your eye exam. As soon as you have your updated vision prescription, you’ll just need to order lenses. Ask us about any special discounts and deals on eyeglasses!
- Book Eye Exams for Your Family: Come with your kid’s school and vacation calendar. As you wait for your appointment, our staff will be happy to reserve all the appointments you need.
- Get Answers to Your Insurance Questions: If you’re confused about what your vision insurance or medical insurance covers, we can help. Our staff can review your policy with you and explain the coverage.
With all these reminders about what to bring to your eye exam and helpful time-saving tips, we’ve made it easy to fit an appointment with the eye doctor into your busy life. Opticare Vision Centers has six convenient Ohio locations, in Cincinnati (Cherry Grove), Newport, Harrison, Lebanon, and Milford – and we look forward to making the most of your minutes in every office!