We are excited to announce that we now provide two new services at our Newport, Cherry Grove, and Milford locations, designed to improve our doctors’ capacity to track your eye health.
1 – DRI (Digital Retinal Imaging):
- DRI takes detailed images of the inside of your eyes.
- Can show the effects of high blood pressure in the eyes, and allows for earlier diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, eye tumors, and other eye health conditions.
2 – OCT (Glaucoma Diagnostic Screening)
- Uses CAT SCAN technology to check the area of your retina where Glaucoma can be detected earliest.
- This enables us to better assess your risk for developing Glaucoma.
How frequently should I have these assessments done?
- Every 3-4 years, if we find that your eyes are in good health.
- More frequently, if we diagnose areas of concern with your eye health.
What is my out-of-pocket expense? Will my insurance cover these assessments?
- The DRI and OCT are $35.00 each, or you may have both done for just $49.00.
- If an eye disease is diagnosed as a result of these assessments, the costs may be covered by your medical insurance. Your out-of-pocket expense will be reimbursed if we receive payment from your insurance.
Circle One: DRI only ($35) OCT only ($35) DRI & OCT ($49)
_____ I agree to have this assessment as recommended by my doctor.
_____ I decline to have this assessment, even though my doctor recommends it.
Patient Signature (Guardian if under 18):______________________________________