The cost of routine eye exams and prescription eyewear can be of real concern, especially for large families. In many cases, vision insurance can lower these annual expenses.
A vision insurance policy is not the same as health insurance. Regular health insurance plans protect you against financial losses due to unexpected eye injuries or disease. Vision insurance, on the other hand, is a wellness benefit designed to provide routine eye care, prescription eyewear, and other vision-related services at a reduced cost.
Because Opticare Vision Centers provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans to help cover the cost depending on your individual needs. Here are just some of the plans that we accept. Plans vary by location. Please call the office to verify we accept your insurance plan.
Plans we Accept
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Anthem Senior
- Blue View Vision (varies by individual plans)
- Comp Benefits
- EyeMed Vision Care
- Humana Gold
- Humana VCP
- United Health Care
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) – We are a VSP eye doctor in Newport, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Kentucky Medicaid plans taken at the Newport location only – including traditional Medicaid, Wellcare, Humana Caresource, Passport and Coventry Care
- Ohio Medicaid plans taken at the Wilmington location only – including traditional Medicaid, Caresource, Buckeye, Opticare, Aetna My Care, and Molina
- READ THIS IF YOU HAVE CARESOURCE:
The Wilmington office only accepts Ohio Medicaid Caresource. The Newport office only accepts Kentucky Medicaid called “Humana Caresource”. If you have any other plan called CareSource we are not providers for this insurance unless mentioned above.
We do accept other plans as well, so if you do not see your plan listed here, please give us a call and we would be happy to assist you. Our staff is also always available to answer any questions regarding your benefits.
We are an Eye Med vision care provider in Newport, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio.