The cost of routine eye exams and prescription eyewear can be of real concern, especially for large families. In many cases, vision insurance can lower these annual expenses.
A vision insurance policy is not the same as health insurance. Regular health insurance plans protect you against financial losses due to unexpected eye injuries or disease. Vision insurance, on the other hand, is a wellness benefit designed to provide routine eye care, prescription eyewear and other vision-related services at a reduced cost.
Because Opticare Vision Centers in Cherry Grove, Newport and Harrison provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans to help cover the cost depending on your individual needs. Here are just some of the plans that we accept:
Plans we Accept
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Anthem Senior
- Comp Benefits
- Davis Vision (only at Fort Mitchell location)
- Humana Gold
- Humana VCP
- United Health Care
- Blue View Vision (varies by individual plans)
- EyeMed Vision Care
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) – We are a VSP eye doctor in Newport, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Kentucky Medicaid – Avesis Wellcare, Humana Caresource, Passport (Block Vision) and Avesis Coventry Care only at Newport location
We do accept other plans as well, so if you do not see your plan listed here, please give us a call and we would be happy to assist you. Our staff is also always available to answer any questions regarding your benefits.