Dr. Young received his Doctor of Optometry degree from The Ohio State University College of Optometry. While at Ohio State, he also received a Master of Science degree in Vision Science for his research on the visual ability of athletes. His research on tracking a baseball during the pitch has led to continued eye movement studies on baseball players at The Ohio State University by lead investigators Dr. Nicklaus Fogt and Dr. Aaron Zimmerman.
Dr. Young is a native of Southern Ohio, hailing from Portsmouth. He also played 4 years of varsity baseball at Earlham College, while earning at Bachelor’s degree in Biology. Dr. Young practices at Opticare’s Newport office. You can follow Dr. Young on Twitter (@youngeyedoc) and Google Plus.
Area of Specialization: Pediatric eye exams and contact lens fitting and meeting the visual needs of athletes. Dr. Young also works closely with children to treat binocular vision disorders such as convergence insufficiency and amblyopia (lazy eye) in the Cincinnati area. Since joining the team in 2009, Dr. Young has started a vision therapy clinic at the Newport, KY office.
A Word from Dr. Young: I see patients of all ages, but I truly enjoy working with children and those with special needs. It is very rewarding to see the kids in our Vision Therapy Program progress at each visit.
Publicity and Recognition
- April 2016: Voted “Young Optometrist of the Year” from the Kentucky Optometric Association
- 2014 Vision Monday Optometric Business Innovators
- 20/20 Magazine – Eyeing Online
Featured in Review of Optometric Business – Aug 20-27 2014
Memberships and affiliations:
- American Optometic Association
- AOA Contact lens and cornea section
- AOA Sports Vision Section
- Kentucky Optometic Association
- Northern Kentucky Optometric Society
- ABO Certified education speaker (American Board of Opticianry)
- Member of the Fort Thomas Lions Club
- Earlham College Alumnus
- Earlham Baseball Alumni Club
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association
- The Ohio State University College of Optometry Alumni and Friends Society